Friday 15 July 2011

The liquid week

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...all have come and gone in rapid succession. And so here is a rapid succession of what Broken Down Doll got up to this week...




Brandy Crusta

50 ml Gin
7.5 ml Orange Curacao
7.5 ml fresh lemon juice
2 dashes orange bitters
a dash sugar syrup

Rim with sugar, garnish with lemon zest.


Reverse Martinez

50 ml Sweet Vermouth
20 ml Gin
2 dashes orange bitters
dash Maraschino

Shake, strain, drink.



White Lady

50 ml Gin
20 ml fresh lemon juice
20 ml Curacao
egg white

Shake furiously. Strain. Drink.




Sazerac

Rinse glass with Absinthe.

Stir:
60 ml high rye Bourbon
10 ml sugar syrup

Pour in glass. Drink.



And for good measure...here's one with no recipe required. Ah, tequila. It loves me. It loves me not. It loves me. It loves me not. You get the picture. (Though it appears I can barely steady my hand to do just that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment